Jägermeister, the UK’s No. 1 speciality spirit is to become the first ever spirit brand to feature at the Craft Beer Rising London Festival, when it joins as the official ‘boilermaker’ partner for the upcoming February event, running from the 19th to the 22nd.
The unique German herbal spirit will feature prominently throughout the festival weekend at the Old Truman Brewery on Brick Lane, East London; On Thursday, Jägermeister will use its presence to show trade partners how they can drive incremental sales with the right spirits offering. For the remainder of the weekend the brand will showcase their ‘Deer & Beer’, Root56 (made with Ginger Beer) and beer cocktail serves to consumers as well as offering insight on spirit and beer matching.
Jägermeister was the first brand to highlight the shot category opportunity for the on and off-trade through its Give It a Shot initiative launch last year, which aims to change the way licensees and retailers think about the shot market in order to boost sales and drive growth within the growing category.
The long term Give It a Shot initiative demonstrates ways retailers and licensees can up-sell shots and premium brands for greater profits, such as suggesting a ‘Deer & Beer’ (a shot of Jägermeister to accompany a your favourite craft beer) when customers order a round or suggesting consumers purchasing beer in-store to also purchase a bottle of Jägermeister to accompany it, mirroring the way the brand can be drunk in the on-trade. Other key take outs outlined in the initiative include:
In the off-trade for the shot market:
- A £224m opportunity exists in the off-trade for retailers
- A drink before going out is now the most important off-trade occasion for 18-24 year olds – providing a massive opportunity for retailers
- In the on-trade for the shot market:
- Every 1% increase in the shots category is worth £58.5m2 in the on-trade
- 43% of consumers have not decided what they want when they reach the bar so visibility is key as 60% of consumers will not buy what they cannot see2