Customer Development Executive (CDE) – Newcastle
Reports to: Business Development Manager
We thrive on being innovators, experimenters and – above all else – Meisters. Home to one of the UK’s top 3 spirits, our UK arm of the German-based Mast-Jaegermeister SE family holds true to the brand’s craft and heritage values while keeping up-to-date with all the latest trends and being ahead of the curve.
For us, it’s all about being Bold, Social, Masterful and Authentic – That’s the best way to #BeTheMeister.
This role is all about making sure the brand is available in all the right places and being sold to all the right people (and plenty of them!) within the area. You’ll need to be living in the region as it’s key that you know the culture, trends and hotspots for going out nearby – plus, you’ll be home-based so no need to trek into the office every day.
With opportunities in all parts of the on-trade, you’ll be focusing not only the high energy and trendy accounts that match our brand ideals but your local pubs too, making on average nine planned calls per day to your account base of roughly 225 core outlets. Around 30% of your time will be focused on influential trend and scene accounts, so it’s best to keep your finger on the pulse.
- Get engaged with on-trade accounts to help us pull in new customers, look after our existing customers and even fight to win back accounts from our competitors using your commercial awareness and our stream of assets.
- Spread positive vibes about the brand and teach people the perfekt ways to enjoy Jägermeister. Improve both consumer and customer perception of the brand by teaching people the facts and figures about Jägermeister and getting them on brand to serve it the right way!
- Help us get seen in all the right places with displays, negotiated menu listings and more. Make sure consumers can’t miss Jägermeister in their bar, we’ve got plenty of bespoke items that’ll help do the job.
- Make sure our shots are ALWAYS delivered Ice Cold by getting our equipment out to key accounts in your area. Plus, this will raise visibility so it’s win-win!
- Work together with our customers to create new projects and build consumer-led solutions to help make for a happy partnership.
- Checking everything you’ve done to find out what worked, what didn’t and discovering how you can keep delivering top results.
- It’s not the same thing every single day – You’ll spend around 30% of your time focused on Visibility, 30% on Equipment, 30% on Blurred Lines and 10% on Influencers.
- You’ve got your diary out well ahead of time to start planning and your organisational skills are second to none.
- Communicating comes naturally, whether verbal or written you know exactly what to say.
- You’re happy to take command and lead your team to all manner of successes.
- Your attention to detail has been known to impress.
- You know your way around a computer, and not just for playing games.
- When it comes to presenting, every single person in the room is captured by your style.
- You’re not one to rest on your laurels, you’ll have a drive and initiative that shows you’re ready to go and do things without being asked.
- Your responsibilities are your own and you’ll know exactly how to keep on top of them.
- Building relationships with customers and consumers is second nature to you.
- You’re good at making a plan and analysing every last detail.
- Everyone knows you make the best decisions, and you’re not afraid to solve problems a little differently.
- Your creative ideas could fill a book and your an innovator at heart.
- It’s all about being honest, having integrity and stepping up when it matters, plus you’re able to get yourself motivated to take things up a notch.
- Sure, your brain is switched on to business success but you know it works best when you’re part of a team.
Essential Knowledge and Experience
- We’re looking for a graduate or someone with real-world relevant experience who is so passionate about the drinks industry that you dream about it.
- Our ideal candidate has experience of account managing and promotional activations, plus plenty of on-trade knowledge that’ll keep our noses in front of competitors.
- Think you’ve got a grasp on RTM within the trade and an understanding of regional and national accounts with in the industry? We hope so!
- Lunch is provided, so you don’t have to worry about it.
- We’ve got you covered with our private medical healthcare, childcare vouchers, eye test vouchers and more.
- Every member team member gets their own supply of products and nights out in trade, of course.
- There are plenty more perks, you just have to ask!
As part of the recruitment process, Mast-Jaegermeister UK Limited (“MJ-UK”), as a ‘data controller’ collects and processes personal data relating to job applicants. MJ-UK is committed to being transparent about how it collects and uses that data and to meeting its data protection obligations in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR).